Boat Detailing Services
We offer several different boat detailing services that will help protect your gel coat from the elements and help keep your boat clean and in good condition year round. Use our detailing estimate form to get a quote for your boat detailing needs. If you’re a brokerage, view our brokerage services. Our services include:
We offer both one-time detailed washes done as needed or recurring washes done every one, two, three or four weeks. Recurring washes are the best way to keep your boat clean year-round so it’s ready for you anytime you want to enjoy it.
> A recurring wash includes: Washing the boat from the waterline up using a soap that does not strip wax; washing away dirt and salt spray, bird or spider droppings and black water streaks; scrubbing non-skid and lifting up hatches and storage compartments to clean the gutter tracks and hatch edges and doing a wipe down in the cockpit or fly bridge area.
> Add extra wash services as needed: Clean and polish plastic windows with special cleaner and microfiber rags, wash and clean dirt and mildew out of canvas, wash the dingy and wax away stubborn water streaks that don’t come out with soap and water.
Buffing, Waxing and Gel Coat Preservation
Our buff and wax service will remove oxidation, bring back the gloss and further protect your gel coat making your boat easier to clean throughout the year.
Depending on the level of oxidation, we’ll either do a one-step wax job where we use a compound and wax mixture with a power buffer to remove light to medium oxidation or if your boat has heavier oxidation, we can do a two-step process where we first go over the boat with compound to remove the oxidation and then with wax to protect the glossy new layer of gel coat.
If you’re unsure of what your boat needs (a one or two step process), we always do test spots before we start working to figure out just the right compound and wax mixture and can contact you if it’s going to require more than just a one-step process.
Exterior Cleaning and Detailing
Add these additional services as needed.
- Clean canvas to remove dirt, mildew and bird dropping stains (while attached to the boat)
- Polish stainless and other metals
- Clean and polish plastic windows (Isinglass and Strataglass)
- Clean and whiten/brighten vinyl
- Wash and detail dinghies and tenders
- Clean enclosed fly bridge areas or cockpits – vacuuming, wiping down surfaces, cleaning Isinglass, vinyl seats, lifting up seat cushions, non-skid, and more.
We clean and brighten teak decks using a soft deck brush going against the grain. Depending on the current condition of your teak decks, we’ll either use a soap and water mixture, a stronger non-acidic cleaner or the two-part acidic cleaner and brightener.
At this time, we only provide interior cleaning services for brokerages. For privately owned boats, we recommend the following companies:
- Interior cleaning: Simply Clean of Seattle (206-973-2515) or visit their site
- Mobile carpet and upholstery cleaning: Chem Dry (206-783-1003), DA Burns (206-782-2268) or J&M Marine Services (206-818-6172)
- Mold removal: Rapid Mold Removal (206-445-7207)
There are many services we don’t provide, but we can point you in the right direction with companies we often work alongside and know they do good work.
- Boat repair and outfitting: British Sea Power, Chris Driver, 206-290-3748
- Boat repair and maintenance: Dockside Marine Repair, Graham Baldwin, 425-736-3314
- Canvas enclosures: Mac’s Upholstery, 206-783-1696
- Bilge and engine room cleaning: Joe Geraffa, 425-220-3124
- Brightwork: Holly Gibson, 425-210-1480
- Fiberglass and gel coat repair: Chad Taylor, 425-308-2812
- Fuel tank cleaning and repair: Precision Fuel Solutions, 206-664-1173